...

...

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Why am I writing this blog?

What a good question... and my first answer is because I feel compelled. I can't NOT write it. Spirit has been tapping me on the shoulder for the last several months, with an increasing sense of persistence and urgency.

So far, I understand two aspects of Her directive:
  • "It's time for you to find and articulate your voice in the world, Nancy. Write about your experience. Document it for yourself, and share it with the world. You have so much to say -- and I have so much to say through you. Your voice will be a gift to the world -- OUR gift to the world. Speak your truth, Nancy, and tell your story."
  • "Find your tribe, Nancy. Gather a community of like-minded souls who join together in living Universal spiritual principles. Claim the leader, convener, facilitator you were born to be. You have embodied these principles enough to attract those who want to share in putting them into practice in community and in their daily lives. And together, you transform the world."
I set an intent at the beginning of this year to say a resounding "Yes!" to whatever Spirit asks of me. So I'm setting aside my anxiety about going so public with what feels like a very intimate and personal process. I'm setting aside my doubts that many people will find what I have to say helpful or interesting enough to want to "join in community." I'm setting aside the voice in my head that asks, "Who do you think you are to be so bold?" And I'm saying that resounding "Yes, sweet Spirit. I trust that anything You ask is for the good of all, and that You provide all that's needed. And here I am, stepping out on faith, starting a blog."

So this is an experiment... and an invitation to engage in a communal dialog exploring Universal spiritual principles and creating transformation in our lives and the world. I will share my story over the last 10 months, how it's shaped who I am now, and my exploration of what's next in my life. It's my hope that you will feel drawn to respond and to share your own stories/truths -- and that we'll end up with a stimulating and insightful dialog.

I have no idea how often I'll post, or any of the other logistical details -- they are all to be revealed. I'm not promising that there will be a neat linear order from one post to the next -- or any logical sequence. Please feel the same freedom to participate and comment however feels right to you. I may choose to create a business based in what comes out of the dialog at some point, but I have no promotional or commercial intent at this point. I promise to make a clear and clean transition if I choose to make this an income-generating vehicle at some point, and I will not ever use an individual's comments for any purpose without explicit permission.

There are a few agreements I want to propose for how we interact. This is a place to practice:
  • speaking our truth -- with gentleness and compassion
  • revealing our true selves, allowing ourselves to be seen and heard
  • being affirmative -- focusing first on what we like, what works for us, what's intriguing about the conversations unfolding here
  • expressing differences of opinion with respect
  • taking risks and being bold.
I agree to abide by these guidelines, and hope you will too. If there are others you'd like to add, please leave them in a comment. 

How to comment is not intuitively obvious here... if you look for the "# comments" link below and click on it, it'll open a page where you'll see others' comments and can add your own.

Let's jump in! 


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great start, Nancy. Kudos to you for following your heart and the guidance you are receiving! That requires courage, and you have it.

    It will be fun to follow along and see where all this leads you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda... would you be willing to share the link for the blog you wrote here, to add to the conversation? Or send me the link in an email? I'd love to read it!

      Delete
  2. What an adventure! And you are such a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I know exactly how you feel about putting it out there. Thanks goodness spirit does compels us to go forward to do good things to inspire others as a side effect of following your heart. Pat yourself on the back, say good job, Nancy. And do the next one. Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I've been watching you "put yourself out there" and cheering you on from a distance -- so sorry I can't participate physically!!! I've been learning Vipassana... so different from Sum Faht, and I love them both!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to the unfolding of your experiment and will gladly participate in the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool... can't wait to travel with you!!!

    ReplyDelete


  7. Brave Heart,

    I love this line: “…And along with the shock, I felt uncannily accepting and peaceful, not at all depressed. All I wanted in that moment was to be with my mom and dad for whatever was going to unfold.”

    Ram Dass says: We’re all just walking each other home. That resonates with me. While we are all in the process of dying, many our age are witnessing our parents transition, and becoming parents – often parenting in a way we were never parented. Such egoless love is not only required but magically appears some how.

    Such a path of heart you are taking– thank you! I look forward to reading your posts and learning how you moved from grief to realization, or are they one in the same if mindful. I feel so “greedy-to-know” all of a sudden. Like what is death teaching you? What are you doing with this vast open space that only such a loss can make available to us? What is your new beginning in Michigan like at this stage in your life? How are your dad and the rest of your family dealing with this?

    My mother turns 90 this year and I could get a call any day. Her body is riddled with an assortment of cancers and while still self-sufficient, she is in constant and excruciating pain. My mother is not willing to be supported as it makes the closeness of death imminent. While I would enjoy being by her side, it is not what she wants so I must respect her wishes and love her from a distance – a distance not un-foreign to our relationship. So many different kinds of love, right?!?

    So I am profoundly grateful for your intention and generosity in sharing your journey with all of us, and allowing me to live vicariously through your experience. I look forward to responding as much as I possibly can.

    Much love to you, Brave Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful response... thanks, Ruth! Yes -- love comes in so many different forms, and I know your journey with your mother is full of it. I'm honored to have you along for my ride, and grateful for all the support you've given and been! Much love back!!!

      Delete
  8. By the way, your image looks like it could be a book cover -- hint, hint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maybe this blog will evolve into one some day... thanks for the hint!!!

      Delete